September 25, 2008

Dangerously Close to a 'Titanic' Reference

This morning, the awful goons at Nile FM posed this question to the capital - "What's your favorite cheesy song?" I wish I had known this before Eiffel 65's 'Blue (Da Ba Dee)' came on, because I wouldn't have yanked the power cord out of the socket so hard.

The drive to work picked up when all sorts of people with nothing better to do than text the radio started sending in song titles. There were some crazy throwbacks, best of all being Inner Circle's 'Sweat (A La La La La Long)'.


I had the music cranked up louder than ever before and threw all care to the wind (air condition?) when bopping along to this masterpiece of lyricism and musicality. To anyone who saw this 3 minutes and 46 second display, my apologies. I immediately switched to a CD after the song ended so as not to ruin my morning with other musical filth that was sure to filter through. You KNOW they were going to throw in some Celine Dion and hearts going on in there somewhere.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

just no accounting for taste;-)can't wait till I can eat a hotdog again!

Anonymous said...

Well written article.