December 13, 2009

Hello World!

Internet! Hello! I've missed you and all you have to offer. (That's not really true, have you guys used Hulu in the States - ON DEMAND HIGH DEF TV AT YOUR FINGERTIPS!) But I have missed sharing stories with you here. Where have I been, you ask (or you should ask, if you haven't already)? My cousin (whadduuuup) got married two weeks ago, and I went to Washington, DC for her special day. I gallivanted around DC and New York for a couple weeks, having an awesome time not thinking about Cairo or work. Here's the first installment of photos from my trip, with a little help from my travel buddy, Coqui.

My first full day in DC was on Thanksgiving. Here were are eating our weight in pumpkin and pecan pies.

My boy cousin decided pie wasn't quite complete without some whipped cream, so here we are with his little addition.

Filled to the brim with Thanksgiving deliciousness, we all piled into the car and went to the movies. Taking this photo was almost as obnoxious as the Gulfie kids that shine laser pens at the screen.


It was pretty cold in the movie theater, and since I forgot to bring a jacket for us to share, Coqui slipped into my cousin's shirt for a little warmth. Pervert.


On our way home, we found this donor-cycle that Coqui wanted to ride on. I don't condone motorcycles in any way, shape or form, and Coqui was scolded as soon as we were out of public earshot.

Check back tomorrow, where you'll meet some of our friends, see the sushi that was THE BUSINESS, and get a glimpse at all the wedding festivities!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOU LEFT MR. BRENDANAWICZ IN CAIRO?!

He should sue!