December 10, 2008

Sometimes You Just Can't Win

Conversation with my mother earlier today while shopping for new glasses:

Mom: So, do you NEED to wear your glasses all the time?

Me (feeling confident): Yeah, pretty much. I mean, it's just too much of a hassle to take them on and off again at different times over the course of the day.

Mom: Well, hmm, okay. If you don't need to wear your glasses all the time, you can go for something out there.

Me: I don't really understand what you mean. And I just told you I need to wear them all the time.

Mom: Okay, then you need to look for something where we can see more of your face. Something that isn't so striking. Something where we don't look at you and only see GLASSES.

Me (not so confident): So, what you're saying is that you'd like me to pick out something without black frames.

Mom: Yes, exactly.

Me: This conversation could have lasted about four minutes less than it just did...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'd personally like to see LESS of your face. just saying.

Unknown said...

hahahahahahaha (little one... nice...)