October 29, 2009

If you want to get something done, you have to do it yourself

You know, Internet, when I come home from a long, hard day at work, all I want is to plop down in front of the television with a nice, warm meal. That's not too much to ask, is it? After my day of networking and shmoozing with the likes of AlBERT Gore, I came home to work on an assignment I hadn't been able to look at during the day and asked Little One what she was going to have for dinner. "Pancakes," she replied. Ahh, brinner. The awesomeness of breakfast, for dinner! I informed her I wanted in on that action after I finished my work, and she politely, as usual, obliged.

After waiting for HRH to finish whatever she was watching, I accompanied her to the kitchen to supervise her pancake making. "Don't screw it up," I jokingly told her as she warmed the skillet. Apparently, Little One thought yesterday was Opposite Day, and did EXACTLY WHAT I TOLD HER NOT TO.

Behold:



Have you ever seen a more disgusting looking pancake? I sure as hell haven't.

Then she made this face, which I believe meant she was sorry.



Here was the final product, a "yin yang" she called it, after she shoved the two broken pieces together.



And finally, with some powdered sugar, to soothe the flames now coming out of my ears.

No comments: