November 26, 2008

In Over My Head

I've agreed to write a music review of a local Arabic rap group for the entertainment section of Forsoothsayer's magazine. For some reason, I've decided that it would be smart (smart?!) to meet with the group as a supplement to my thoughts on their music. This is problematic for a number of reasons:

a) I've never written a music review before
b) I barely speak English, let alone a second language
c) One of the band members only speaks Arabic

This is shaping up to be the biggest flop in the history of music reviews. Pray for me.


(In other news, I ran/did stairs again last night. Who am I?!)

3 comments:

Juanita Kwarteng said...

If you dont write a book in this format. I swear I'll come to egypt..steal your brain and write one myself
I Finnngggggg love this blog....
I am the biggest fan
Muah!
Juanita

Squill said...

Um dude... Stairs!? I don't even know you anymore. You better have spent at least the two hours on the sofa required to watch the finale of So You Think You Can Dance

thingsonmymindgrapes said...

I did. Have no fear.