November 9, 2008

Just a Bit Awkward

Last night, Mouse and I picked up two copies (one for him, one for me - he's such a gentleman) of a magazine that featured a photo spread of a wedding we attended a couple weeks back. I was not anticipating viewing these pictures as I knew I had made a weird face in the photo. The problem with professional photographs is that you can't screen the digital versions and only upload your money shots.

Against my insisting otherwise, we brought the magazine out to dinner with us. Mouse wanted to show off how great he, and his suit, looked in the photo to our friends. The magazine was passed around the table, and this was the conversation that followed:

Bizzaro Elvis: O, Mouse! You DO look great in this photo!
Mouse: Yeah man!
Bizarro Elvis (to me): And so, you were also at this wedding?
Me: Umm, yes. I'm standing right next to Mouse, actually.
Bizarro Elvis: WHAT?! WHERE?! THAT ISN'T YOU!
Me: Umm, yes, it is.
Bizarro Elvis: O my gosh! I didn't even recognize you! This doesn't look like you at all!

The magazine was then passed around the table again so the group could get a second look. The general consensus is that with straight hair and no glasses, I'm much more attractive. Also, note to self: purse lips a la the Olsen twins and look like someone's poked you in the backside for that perfect "O, what, this look? It's effortless!" pose.

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

remember when bizarro elvis really wanted to say, "and YOU?!"

Anonymous said...

So don't feel insulted at the fact that they thought you were better looking with straight hair...

The thing is they associate straight hair with you all done up and make up on. Everyone knows we all look better with make up on but i don't think they notice our face when our curly hair is what steals the show. When we straighten our hair it let's people pay attention to our face!

People have the same reaction with me as well! I remember people meeting me with curly hair and then meeting me with straight hair and they didn't know i was the same person it is so weird.

Our curly hair is the equivalent of Clark Kent's thick rimmed glasses...