January 18, 2009

Clicking Heels

I'm currently reading Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life by Amy Krouse Rosenthal. The book is written as a series of encyclopedia entries, with fragments of Rosenthal's life highlighted under their respective letters. For example, under the letter 'B,' is one such entry:

Brother

My brother, who grew up with three sisters, was I won’t say how many years old when he finally realized that he did not have to wrap the towel around his chest when he came out of the shower.


Rosenthal is also a big fan of lists. In AKR spirit, here's a list of places I'd rather be than sitting at my desk this morning:

1. Cuba
2. Iran
3. My bed
4. Walking around London listening to an iPod with a battery that lasts longer than 49 seconds
5. Sitting in the sun, eating brunch and sipping on iced tea

List Fairy, where are you when I need you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Iran?!? You REALLY need a new job!