January 31, 2009

Yikes

Recently, some friends (?) have been uploading incriminating photos from middle and high school on Facebook to share with our 2001 graduating class. While they think this is "cute" and "funny" and "a way to look back and relive old memories" (gag me), I'm quickly considering deactivating my account and burning my hard drive so all evidence is erased.

Take, for instance, this photo from the last day of seventh grade:

*Not our real faces.

That's me on the far left. Now, several things:

1. My shirt's tucked in. Granted, this was 1996, but still.
2. My jeans are acid washed.
3. My jeans are tapered leg.
4. My shoes probably weigh more than my chicken legs and those of my peers. Also, if I remember correctly, they were suede.
5. I must have thought wearing the 3-D glasses that came with our yearbook was...cool?

The uploading and subsequent commenting by people I haven't seen in over ten years has been relentless. Some of the photos are palpitation inducing and seeing as how I have mitral valve prolapse, I don't know if my heart can take much more of this.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sans the shoes, you might be pretty cool if you wore this outfit to work tomorrow.

also, why does everyone in this photo look like heath ledger circa dark knight?

thingsonmymindgrapes said...

Where do you think he got his inspiration from?

Anonymous said...

Sure am glad you pointed out which one was you...couldn't make you out in this scene from CHILDREN OF THE CORN!