January 14, 2009

(Not) a Film Buff

I don't watch movies (that often). My attention span doesn't allow for two hours of uninterrupted viewing, and I find the ability to keep my mouth closed for more than ten minutes impossible. Some (and by some, I probably mean none) would say my not going to the movies is really a social service, really. People are going around shooting people in theaters for talking! I don't want that to be me. Friends and strangers alike can enjoy their movie experience without having to hear me say any (but usually all) of the following:

a) Watch your legs. I need to get a snack.
b) Watch your legs. I need to use the restroom.
c) So, which one's the bad guy again?
d) Wait, isn't that the same woman as before?
d) I don't get it.
e) Do you remember where we're parked?

For all of these reasons, I've chosen to spare myself the confusion and people the effort of having to deal with me. This, however, has led to having to answer 'no' more often than not when I get asked if I've seen certain movies. I have a running theory - yet to be disproved - that you can name ten movies and I'll have seen no more than three of them. Go ahead, try me.

1 comment:

Forsoothsayer said...

the entirety of this post also goes for me! knew we were friends for reason.