January 28, 2009

Crisis!

(Not really - keep your pants on.)

My mother stumbled upon this blog last night. I made the mistake of telling her that a friend (hi friend who I never see but would really like to!) had told me she found my writing funny (naturally), and my mom asked if she could have the privilege of reading my posts herself. I did a quick mental recap of posts past to make sure there wasn't any questionable or incriminating material and hesitatingly typed in this site's URL. She found the conversations with my boss thoroughly entertaining, cooed at the photo of our cat, and tried to tickle Elmo through our monitor.

After skimming through the rest of the posts, she had these two comments:

1. "Please don't write anything about me on here. You know, I AM a public figure."
2. "Hmm, you could be funnier."

There is no pleasing this woman. Well, Mom, keep checking back in. I promise not to air any dirty family laundry (okay, that's a lie), and to step up my game - even though a lot of people already find me mildly amusing! Just so you know, though, this will require me to be out of the house more often in search of material. Don't say I didn't warn you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Day!!! thingsonmymindgrapes.blogspot.com is one of the best innovative websites of its kind. I enjoy reading it every day. I will be back.