January 10, 2009

Couldn't Have Said it Better Myself

Meredith Broussard, a writer for the Huffington Post (and other sites - read her mini bio here), recently posted an article on why she's not on Facebook. I think I should start writing professionally (ha!), because most everything I think has already found its way to the Internet. No reason why I shouldn't be capitalizing on this cash cow.

An excerpt from Broussard's article:

If I updated my status as obsessively as I probably would...it would seriously interfere with the quality time I like to spend with my couch. If all of my friends could tell that I'm around, and that I have time to Facebook, they'd want to talk. And hang out. And do things that involve leaving my house. Meredith Broussard would no longer have her "busy social life" or her "rigorous work schedule" or the even more vague "deadlines" to excuse her from social obligations. Meredith Broussard might have to stop watching TV and get up off her duff. Who needs that?


I salute you, MB. Not that the people I socialize with think I have a busy social life, or even more outrageous, a rigorous work schedule. However, more often than not, the last thing I want to do is shower, put on real clothes, and leave the house. AND make conversation. There's only so much peppiness one can exude at any given time. I'm only human!

4 comments:

Eureka said...

hear, hear!

Squill said...

Are you sure you didn't write that?

thingsonmymindgrapes said...

I just might have, Squill. I just might have.

Forsoothsayer said...

whatever, u would so leave the house more if it wasn't such a hassle.