July 5, 2009

All in a day's work

"Started" my new job yesterday. I don't know if paragraphs will do the day justice, because it was JUST.THAT.GREAT. (read: sarcasm), so please, let me list for you what my day consisted of.
  • 10:45 am - Get to work
  • 10:46 am - Give three kisses to a woman I've only met once
  • 10:50 am - Realize that my work-issued laptop didn't have an operating system on it
  • 11:30 am - Eat everything I brought to eat for the day
  • 2:30 pm - Leave work after sitting around for four hours harassing everyone I know on BlackBerry Messenger
  • 2:37 pm - Return to my old office, only to be asked "ALREADY?!" by my ex-boss who thought I was coming to ask for my job back
Day 2 at the job went a lot better. I had two meetings, told the director that something was "not my job," and e-mailed some work to More Positive Than Your Average Bear to fix up and make look sharp so I didn't have to fiddle with it myself. Come to think of it, this new job may have potential!

1 comment:

Polka Dotted said...

ur 1st day @ work went alot better than mine :D

I cant recall times exactly but it went like

- fake smile
-fake smile even more
-panic attack
-sweating like a bear
-panic attack
-unable to breathe
-crying in my car
-back to old job , crying even more hugging everyone (kan na2is abos el ard)


2nd day went just the same...

in 5 days I got used to the atmosphere and I thank God i left the old Job... u wont be able to see potentials or the positive sides until u get over the old place totally


good luck