August 10, 2009

Suspects

Internet, I got no sleep last night. You and I both know my love for self-diagnosing, and I think I got myself so worked up about potentially being lactose intolerant that my beauty sleep was forsaken (and as Little One will tell you, that beauty sleep is much needed). I've been vocal about HATING cheese, but if I can't have cereal or coffee anymore because milk has been cut out of my diet (not a real diet, cool your jets), what will I do with my mornings? Be productive? Ha. CRISIS!

Anyway, possible reasons for my lack of shut eye include:
  • My fear of rotten milk has now developed into a full blown anti-milk crusade
  • The four nausea pills I took had some sort of caffeine in them
  • Little One's warnings to sleep with one eye open have come to fruition
Anyone else out there's body waging war against them after drinking milk? I want milk to do my body good, I really do, but right now it's pretty intent on just bitch slapping me across the face. Suggestions?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know you, not even your name, but I've been following your feed for quite some time now.

Your posts are by far the subtlest ones on my reader, I remember till now the one when you were conversing with your blackberry, and the ones about IT guy.

You give us readers something to do, because work is too damn boring!

And just for the record, you would make an excellent comic book/satire writer, you have the necessary narcissism and sense of humor .. not to mention the language.

Talking about milk allergies .. oh god .. you so made me smile!

Keep up, don't mind my blather :)

Polka Dotted said...

I guess you shoud try other sources for protein and calcium like eggs for example

try soy milk ... it sucks but it works for lactore intolerants

Eureka said...

Many people develop temporary lactose intolerance after bouts of salmonella / food poisoning. Don't worry about it; it'll go away eventually.

Anonymous said...

Lactose-free Milk!! It tastes exactly like regular milk. Or you could go the soy milk route, but lactaid or other lactose free milk brands will help you ease into it.

thingsonmymindgrapes said...

ibhog: Thank you for the compliments! I'll make sure to show this to my sister as evidence that people other than myself find me funny.

BaTaBeet and Anonymous: Thanks for the tips. Almost drooled into my sister's bowl of cereal last night, so will be looking for alternatives immediately.

Eureka: I had salmonella a long time ago, and this lactose intolerance hasn't gone away yet. I probably have Typhoid though - maybe that's affecting it?