April 14, 2009

DoYou? DubaI?

Internet, I'll be leaving you for a few days again. I'm going to Dubai tomorrow morning, and no, I don't feel bad about it, even after reading this scathing report on the city. (If anything, I feel like moving to Dubai and fighting for workers' rights, but the powers that be feel it's more important for me to be filling out a completely useless logframe for a proposal that probably won't get funded anyway.) But I digress...

I'm going to get away from the city until Monday, and I can tell you right now, it's going to be hell getting me on the plane back. I met someone at Office Traitor's birthday party a couple weeks back who, at 30, retired and is now "exploring Cairo by day" and has set up shop in an art gallery. While I can't think of more mind-numbing things to do, there is nothing I'd rather do at this very moment than retire. If, for some unknown reason, I don't win the lottery (or snag a billionaire) while I'm gone, the internet BETTER work well upon my return.

See you in a few days, nerds!

No comments: