May 5, 2009

Gossip Genius

Internet, it's official. My IQ has dropped so many points in the recent past that I'm unable to follow a Gossip Girl story line. Part of the reason why I don't watch movies is because there are too many characters to follow and I don't have the patience to pay attention for extended periods of time. The beauty of television is that in 45 minutes, most dead bodies are identified, babies are delivered, and coke dealers are not only apprehended, but they've already repented for their sins. And I'm gullible enough to believe it, and even shed a few tears in the process.

Last night, I was watching the most recent episode of Gossip Girl when I realized that I had NO IDEA what was going on. Maybe I was blinded by all the pretty people, or the designer clothes, or the witty(ish) banter, but I found myself retracing episodes past to string the story line together. Gone are the days of teenage dramas when the biggest mystery was which football player the cheerleader contracted syphilis from, Internet. Now we've got Ponzi schemes, incarcerations, and socialites getting their Madoff on.

The insanity of it all was too much for me, so I picked up a book instead. And by 'picked up a book,' I really mean Googled when the next season of Entourage starts. If ever there was a dumb show...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I lurve these dumb shows. And I miss Entourage. It's entertaining as hell. When's it coming back?
YY.

thingsonmymindgrapes said...

Read two different reports - one said June 28th, and the other said some time in August. Will put Little One on the job. She's much better at finding these things out.

Mo-ha-med said...

So tell me. What do you think about Chuck? Because I hear women find him appealing somehow. I'm honestly curious.

thingsonmymindgrapes said...

He was pretty gross in the beginning, but they've done something different with his hair, and he's actually quite swoon-worthy now. Also, he's got a British accent in real life. Double swoon. ALSO, he wears a lot of purple. Clearly, I'm a fan.

Mo-ha-med said...

Unbelievable. The guy is pure evil but you're swooning over him because he wears purple. Women.

Note to self: go shopping. work on fake accent.

thingsonmymindgrapes said...

Keep reading. I will teach you many things.

Also, Chuck isn't pure evil! He has a really big heart, it's just hidden under broken home mess!

Mo-ha-med said...

Yeah. He's evil.
It's not a heart, it's a small motor that pushes this black sludge through his veins, maintaining him alive.

thingsonmymindgrapes said...

You clearly haven't watched the rest of the second season! Don't try to test me on my television characters! I will win and wipe the floor with you. In a nice way.