May 17, 2009

Insanity by the dozen

My cousin Jones is getting married this weekend, and the next few days are going to be a whirlwind of activities. Another cousin and her five month old, Marvin, arrived a little over a week ago, and the rest of the clan flew in last night. After getting their ears violated by unsanitary thermometers in the Cairo Airport (presumably they were checking for symptoms of swine flu, but really I think they were looking for some Saturday night action), they filed into one of two homes we've set up as bases for the family reunion. The two-bedroom house I'm currently in now holds six adults (five women, one man), a five month old, and a cat (also a female). The other house holds three women and two men. Throw in two, sometimes three, housekeepers, a driver, the grocery man, and the gas guy, it's officially become the full house of the century. There is TOO MUCH ESTROGEN between the two houses, and I predict a monumental blow up very, very soon.

Internet, if you don't hear from me in a few days, send the sniffer dogs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG
yes, agreed there will be a blow up and TRUST that I will not be the cause of it...see