February 8, 2009

Cynicism At Its Finest

Over the weekend, I went to an r&b and hip-hop event at one of the city's handful of nightlife-y venues. It was my first time visiting this particular spot, and I tried to keep an open mind. Tried being the operative word. Some observations:

1. (Fake) straight-haired girls standing around in the bathroom act like they've never seen curly hair before. Please, like you don't wake up looking like this.
2. The average age of hip-hop party goers is roughly ten years younger than those at any other event.
3. Wearing a faux fur-lined, puffy parka inside is now acceptable and actually encouraged by others.
4. After her 'comeback,' Britney Spears is apparently now an r&b recording artist.
5. I might be too old for events that start after 10 pm.

I don't get nearly enough good music in my life at other activities (Ha! Got you! As if I go anywhere!), so I reckon I'll continue to go to these once-a-month nights. See you next month with even more obnoxious commentary and hopefully incriminating photos.

No comments: