February 27, 2009

On Days Like This

Sometimes I have to ask myself why:
  • I stayed home to be with my dad on his last day in town, only to find him spending the evening sleeping off a stomach bug
  • I debated joining a softball team partly as a means to live a healthier lifestyle, only to open the fridge and eat a gargantuan slice of cheesecake
  • I bothered to style and wear my hair down, only to have the Santa Ana winds make their way across the lands to blow Cairo into my curls
  • I excited myself about a Save the Children job in London, only to realize that the annual salary will allow me to fulfill my post-grad school prophecy of living in a cardboard box
  • I forced myself to write here today in an attempt to be funny, only to wait around for Little One's "umm, yeah, it was okay."
Come on, Saturday. My (figurative) eggs are in your basket.

3 comments:

Forsoothsayer said...

sa3b shwaya.

Unknown said...

Come on! Cardboard box was funny! :P

Anonymous said...

You know what's funny you think playing softball is actually being healthy!

AHAHAHAHhahahaha!

You stand around waiting for a ball to come your way... you lose a total of min 10cals 50cals at the most. that's not even 1/2 a chocolate bar!

Stay at home and eat the cheesecake it is much easier.