March 15, 2009

Where Everybody Knows Your Name

Friday night, I left the windows of my car ever so slightly cracked. This, as I quickly learned, was equatable to running up and down neighboring streets naked. In the span of 16 hours, I received the following comments:

1. Phone call from my uncle: "Z, I forgot to tell you that when I was driving by your house this morning, I saw your car windows open."
2. Mom: "The driver says your car windows are open."
3. Building Super 1: "Please, Miss, you left your car windows open."
4. Building Super 2: "Umm, so, umm, the windows on your car are open. This MAY cause a problem when we wash it in the morning. Do you think you could roll them up?"

I look forward to the day I bring someone home to meet my family (and building supers) for the first time. People will be Twittering about it for years! I think I might also start leaving salacious material on the backseat just to see what happens. I imagine the number of comments will decrease, but if I post about my car being broken in to, you'll know why.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I understand where super 2 is coming from, the others I'm not so sure.

I am interested in the salacious material test, I always wonder what would happen if one left a box of condoms in the back window.